So what actually went wrong with my Leia? Simply, it is beyond my level, especially the curved/heart-shaped yoke. Even though Yoshimi posted her great tip of using glue instead of pins, I couldn't figure it out and still used loads of pins.
Then, it's a case of choosing the wrong fabric combination. I used the thin Swiss Dot used for the Simplicity top for the yoke and a blue lightweight linen. Bad choice (mainly in the yoke fabric), because all the raw edgings of the yoke and bodice peeked out along the seam line. And it took me a few tries to get the curves sewn together. The armholes, didn't align when I sew on the facing, etc, etc. There are just too many mishaps to count. Here is how it looks.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention, I made the smallest size and it is a tad too tight for me. If I would sew it again, I would make one size bigger. Good thing I didn't cut out the fabric for the skirt yet, otherwise the blue linen would be completely wasted.
Although discouraged with my failed Leia, I did sewed 2 tops for my kids subsequently. Both are from Happy Homemade Volume 5.
I started with the simple peasant blouse in size 130cm for JY. I omitted the pockets because it seems too busy with this polka dot fabric with is a cotton lawn I bought from Shamshuipo. My sewing was so-so, even with this simple design but luckily JY seems to like it.
Then I made the bubbled tank top on the cover, the one on the far right, for CY in size 120cm. The neckline gapping open, I should reduce it by 1cm next time. I bought this floral fabric from Taobao.com, a Chinese equivalent of eBay. And I trimmed it with store-bought cream-coloured bias tape. CY likes it too. And I might make another one.
As for myself, Tamanegikobo, where I got the Leia pattern, has a pattern called Novita which might be doable for me. I'm not sure if I should try it or not. It seems that the sewing bug has left my body of late... ...