I was feeling all heady from your compliments for my last 2 sewing projects, the linen tunic and the Swiss Dot top. I felt suddenly brave, and I took the Leia pattern, a design from Tamanegi-Kobo website. The pattern is a pdf download, colour-coded for the different sizes and with a 10cm test square so that you know you are printing the right size. These are all very important to me, unlike the not-so-clear printing instructions from the Twinkle Sew book. I do like a number of patterns in that book and hope to get there some day. I digressed. Long story short. My attempt at Leia didn't work out and I was so deflated.
Then my FOs couldn't be photograph well. I've finally blocked the La La's Simple Shawl and the Pink Wisp but I just couldn't get them to look nice in the photos.
So I started 3 new yarny projects all at the same time. I needed the comfort of familiar grounds again. Here they are:
Audrey In Unst from Twist Collective a complete copy cat of Olga using Avril's Silk Wool that she and Joujouka helped me to buy in Tokyo earlier this year. And the background fabric is a new addition to stash. A bold grellow wool floral. What should I make with it?
I needed a summer project for this year so I started this linen top from this book. The yarn is Katia Lino that a few knitting pals got at the Spotlight closing down sale.
And of course there should be a portable project such as a shawl and I'm crocheting this one using the Avril/Habu Tsumugi silk. This is the 4th pattern that I tried out with this yarn and it seems to click this time.
Yarn: Habu/Avril Tsumugi Silk
Pattern: From ISBN4277171788
Hook: Clover 5
Background Fabric: linen with black eyelet from Shamshuipo
Actually, I have this bus project that I haven't blogged about. They started off as miters but I grew tired of them. Now I'm log-cabining cream-coloured yarn all around to make a Gees Bend inspired afghan. Hope I could keep up.